Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December Inspiration by Christine

This month I chose to do the peacock mermaid for my inspiration project. She can be found her http://cute-as-a-button-stamps.myshopify.com/collections/digital-stamps/products/digital-digi-stamps-big-eyed-digis-img000261-peacock-mermaid-by-francesca-lopez-cute-as-a-button
Anyone who knows me knows I love mermaids, fairies and mythical creatures. 
This is my finished card it is on an 8x8 card. 
To start with I printed off the mermaid on some A4 card stock. 
To colour her in I used my spectrum noir pencils, watercolour pens and alcohol markers. For her skin I used 1,3,6,8 for her hair I used the pens and my pencils.
I then fussy cut her out 
She is next to one of my first cards here it shows how far my colouring has come along.
Next I found some green and blue papers from my stash. I mounted these on my card. I then played around with several embellishments before deciding to add some seaweed behind I roughly drew it as cut it out.
I decided on some sea themed beads an some pearl embellishments.
I also added some mother of pearl stars and some jewels to the mirror. I hope she inspires you all to have a go.  
Don't forget to head over to the Challenge blog an check out this month challenge too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment