Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January Inspiration by Nicky



Here is my inspiration for you today. Its a fun project. I hope you all like it :)





I made this card using the 'Raining Shamrocks' image from Cute As A Button. Find it at the shop link below.


Here are some step by step instructions of how i made the card.

First I chose some paper and card that matched the image, then coloured the image to match the colours on the card/paper.


I used the following Promarkers:

Shamrocks - Pine.
Grass - Grass.
Clothes - Leaf Green, Canary and Buttercup.
Skin - Dusky Pink, Blush and Sunkissed Pink.
Sun - Yellow and Canary.
Cloud - Warm Grey 2 and Warm Grey 1.
Shadow - Warm Grey 1.
Raindrops - Powder Blue.
Boots - Pine and Leaf Green. 
Umbrella - Canary, Buttercup, Mustard and Vanilla.
Hair - Sandstone and Cinnamon.


Next I Chose a 7" x 7" white card blank, cut the large plain green card to 16.6cm and the shamrock paper to 16cm. I measured the image and added 0.6mm to the measurements and cut a piece of the same plain green card to fit a mat to the image. I chose some embelishments to go with the colours and the image and cut out a sentiment to match.

 


Then I put all the pieces together to check the layout of how I wanted the card to look. When I was happy with the layout I stuck it all down. 

I stuck the shamrock paper to the green card, wrapped the ribbon around the whole lot, then mouned it to the card blank. I added the image and sentiment, then some gems to the image and to the top and bottom of the sentiment.

I used flat double sided sticky tape for the base green card, shamrock paper and the image. I used foam tape for the green card behind the image and the sentiment.




Here are some links for you:





Thanks for reading and 
x HAPPY CRAFTING EVERYONE x

No comments:

Post a Comment