Saturday, February 20, 2016

February inspiration by Nicky



Here is my inspiration for you today. Its a fun project. I hope you all like it :)




 I made this card using the 'New Beats' image from Cute As A Button. Find it at the shop link below.



Here are some step by step instructions of how I made the card.

First I chose some paper and card that matched the theme of the image, then coloured the image to match the colours on the card/paper.



I used the following Promarkers:

Clothes and shoes- Amber and Honeycomb.
Skin - Dusky Pink, Blush and Sunkissed Pink.
Shadow - Warm Grey 1.
Pillow - Ivory and Vanilla.
Lips - Sunkissed Pink.
Eyes - Pastel Blue.
Headphones - Cool Grey 4.
Poster - Canary and Warme Grey 1.
Phone - Warm Grey 2 and Canary.
Hair - Sandstone and Cinnamon.


Next I Chose a 6.5" x 5" white card blank, cut the large plain orange card to 16.6cm and the patterned paper to 16cm. I cut the image to an appropriate size to allow a small amount of white all arounfd the image. I chose some embelishments to go with the colours and the image. As the poster says Jewels i chose mainly gems to fit the saying.





Then I put all the pieces together to check the layout of how I wanted the card to look. When I was happy with the layout I stuck it all down. 


I stuck the patterned paper to the orange card with plain double sided tape, wrapped the ribbon around the whole lot, then mouned it to the card blank with plain doublesided tape. I added the image with foam tape. I added gems to all 4 corners of the image and all 4 corners of the patterned paper. I also added gems at both ends of the ribbon.




Here are some links for you:





Thanks for reading and 
x HAPPY CRAFTING EVERYONE x


No comments:

Post a Comment