Friday, December 2, 2016

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Hi!  Karen here to share some inspiration with you...well, I hope you feel inspired by this card.

This was a fun card to create.  I started with adding everything to my print program.  The image used was Gifts For King Jesus.  You can also get this image pre-colored HERE.

***Did you know that if you want your black to show up better on your digi papers, print the paper first then run the sheet through again with the black where it was supposed to be and remove the digi paper?  Yep, it makes the solid black picture/font show up better!

Once I had everything printed out I colored the image.  I used colored pencil only for this one.  One thing I like to do to give it a softer look is to color the entire image heavily, then use my eraser and erase everything I just colored.  Sounds crazy, but it works.  After coloring the image I fussy cut it out and added pop dots to the back.

I added a little burlap, a burlap flower, 2 paper flowers, some pearls, a gem star, part of a doily, black ribbon and some hemp twine.  The outer sentiment is mine.  The sentiment that came with the image is printed in the inside of the card.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment: